right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

ohio state or university of wisconsin

BBALL2002BBALL2002 33 replies1 threads Junior Member
My daughter got into OSU and Wisconsin...she is undecided as a major...she saw both schools, but awhile ago..we were planning on visiting again for admitted student days but they are now canceled...she is leaning towards OSU, but would love to have any advice..how similar or different are these schools? what is the culture? or student life like at both?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: ohio state or university of wisconsin

• Eeyore123Eeyore123 1876 replies23 threads Senior Member
    For the same cost, I would take Wisconsin over tOSU. Except for the final score of a football game, Wisconsin is better on all measures. However, it isn’t by so much that I would pay a big price premium.
    · Reply · Share
  • kkendallkkendall 139 replies52 threads Junior Member
    I go to Wisconsin and absolutely love it. The overall culture of the school definitely is work hard-play hard. I feel like OSU is pretty similar in that regard though. They are both big Midwestern football schools and so they do share a lot of similarities student life-wise. However, I believe Madison is regarded better academically in rankings. Feel free to PM me if you have any more specific UW-Madison questions!
    · Reply · Share
  • DGDG 440 replies5 threads Member
    I went to both admitted student days....liked both, I think depends on if you want a college town vs. city...I really like Columbus and plan to attend OSU - impossible to make a bad choice here...
    · Reply · Share