right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Lily Wuerth will be live on our Instagram page today at 3pm ET to talk about how she used extracurriculars to get into Georgia Tech. ASK HER ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Need help choosing which school to attend

yn2002yn2002 0 replies1 threads New Member
I'm currently choosing between Umass Amherst and Brandeis University, and I'm struggling to decide which one would be the better fit for me.

I got in as a marketing major for Umass Amherst (I also got into the commonwealth honors college) and business major for Brandeis. I am an international student living in MA, and I plan to double major in college (though I haven't decided on the second major).

I prefer Brandeis University's smaller campus and student population/ location, but Umass Amherst's cost of attendance is much cheaper ($50k compared to $30k; however I am currently appealing for more financial aid for Brandeis). My parents want me to go to Brandeis, but I just don't know if it's worth paying that much money for my undergrad.

I appreciate any advice!

edited March 31
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Need help choosing which school to attend

• PublisherPublisher 11061 replies145 threads Senior Member
    Considering the schools involved, it would be unwise to take on any unnecessary debt for your undergraduate education.
    · Reply · Share
  • CTCapeCTCape 297 replies9 threads Member
    Isenberg at UMass is excellent, and the Commonwealth Honors College is the icing on the cake. I would go to UMass.
    · Reply · Share
  • NJdad07090NJdad07090 549 replies8 threads Member
    If you see grad school in your future go to Umass honors , save you and your parents money for grad school
    · Reply · Share