right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Which college should I attend? Hoftsra - Hampshire- Bard Berlin- Emerson- Illinois Wesleyan

blairwaldorf123blairwaldorf123 3 replies2 threads New Member
I got similar financial packages in all of the schools. Majoring in social sciences
7 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Which college should I attend? Hoftsra - Hampshire- Bard Berlin- Emerson- Illinois Wesleyan

• DustyfeathersDustyfeathers 3571 replies85 threads Senior Member
    For people to give a thoughtful reply, you will need to provide more information. The schools are quite different.
    - How far away would you like to go?
    - What sort of social science?
    - Do you prefer traditional divisions in education or to create your own pathway?
    - Socially, what do you prefer?

etc.
    · Reply · Share
  • NYC2018nycNYC2018nyc 361 replies16 threads Member
    Is that Bard in Berlin?
    · Reply · Share
  • blairwaldorf123blairwaldorf123 3 replies2 threads New Member
    yeah its bard college's berlin campus
    · Reply · Share
  • blairwaldorf123blairwaldorf123 3 replies2 threads New Member
    i think i will be pursuing political science with econ major, I'm an international student anyways so campus location being abroad isn't a problem for me. I like the idea of creating my own path regarding education but it definitely feels like a risk I'm not sure is worth taking
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 43085 replies470 threads Senior Member
    I'd choose Hampshire is you're VERY self directed, or Illinois Wesleyan if you want a more traditional college experience. Both are very strong academically for undergrads.
    · Reply · Share
  • RelicAndTypeRelicAndType 200 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Bard Berlin is a really interesting campus. If you're up for an adventure I'd say go for that. Note though, that they don't have a real math department, so depending on how serious you are about econ, that could be a problem.
    · Reply · Share
  • RelicAndTypeRelicAndType 200 replies0 threads Junior Member
    MYOS1634 wrote: »
    I'd choose Hampshire is you're VERY self directed, or Illinois Wesleyan if you want a more traditional college experience. Both are very strong academically for undergrads.

One of my siblings was not legendarily self-directed and still managed to graduate from Hampshire in under six years. You have to be driven, but not a superhuman. That was before The Incident though...
    · Reply · Share