right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Drexel BS/MD vs Rutgers NB Honors College?

theman2567theman2567 22 replies17 threads Junior Member
I'm having trouble deciding which school I should go to. I am 100% sure I want to go to med school. I like Rutgers more in terms of campus life, big school, closer to home, have family and friends there, etc. I would also be able to apply to the 7 year program with RWJMS if I choose Rutgers. Rutgers is also cheaper (~20k/yr) as oppose to Drexel (~35k/yr) and I would be going to the Honors College. However, the one thing about Drexel is that my chances of getting into medical school would probably be higher due to the BS/MD program. The only problem that I have with it is that the MCAT requirement (513) is kind of high to the point where if I got the same score at Rutgers, I could probably apply and get into another med school. Rutgers has always been a top choice and good fit. However, I am unsure about Drexel in other respects (campus life, academics, etc.) besides the BS/MD program. Anyone have any advice on which I should choose? Can anyone tell me about if the Drexel BS/MD program is worth it?
edited April 2
3 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Drexel BS/MD vs Rutgers NB Honors College?

• applestudent23applestudent23 23 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Is the 35K for Drexel tuition/fees + room/board.
    How much aid are you receiving per year?
    Is it covered through medical school?
    · Reply · Share
  • avi-2021avi-2021 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Can you share your stats ? It is great you have a choice !! Congratulations
    · Reply · Share
  • theman2567theman2567 22 replies17 threads Junior Member
    @avi-2021

Ethnicity: Indian
    Income level: middle class

1530 SAT- 790 math 740 reading
    Bio sat- 770
    Math sat- 760

Total of 9 AP's including Bio, chem, physics; I've gotten AP scholar with distinction

Ranked #4 in my class

EC's
    -President of FBLA
    -Treasurer of NHS
    -Captain of the Tennis team
    -Went to India for a volunteer medical internship for a month where I observed surgeries, shadowed doctors, learned small medical procedures, etc. I also organized a free medical camp for the community (writing my common app essay about that). Also went to a diagnostic lab and worked under a pathologist while I was there.
    -Research assistant in India; work got published in an international research journal. (Work was about renewable energy and crop cultivation using the same piece of land)
    -Shadowed a pulmonologist at a local hospital
    -Over 250 volunteer hours at a hospital working in patient transport
    -Went to a one-week summer biomedical science program at Rutgers
    -Active in a leadership position at my local temple (educating youth, organizing events, doing stage performances)
    · Reply · Share