right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Low Gpa

qwfp22qwfp22 0 replies1 threads New Member
I'm currently a sophomore at high school with a 2.7 gpa. I'm currently in my second semester of sophomore year in hopes of increasing this. I used to have about a 3.0, but it dropped first semester of sophomore year because I was having a lot of trouble catching up etc. I even received an NC in a course that I am currently retaking, and doing much better in. Did I ruin my chances of getting into a good college? I made so many mistakes last semester, in terms of how I studied and I really wish I could fix that, but I can't. I'm really hoping it's not too late to still get a good gpa?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Low Gpa

• happy1happy1 24031 replies2408 threads Super Moderator
    edited May 30
    At this point the only thing you can do is work hard and do as well as you can junior year. An upward trend in GPA is a good thing. And there are 4 year colleges that you can get into with your GPA.
    edited May 30
    · Reply · Share