right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Fly-In Programs

p0megranatesp0megranates 2 replies2 threads New Member
Are any schools planning on hosting in-person fly-in programs this year? I've been researching and most programs are virtual or have outdated info. ://
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Fly-In Programs

• HImomHImom 36051 replies396 threads Senior Member
    I’d call any and all programs you are considering before making any plans. Especially with the increased #s of cases throughout most of the US, I think many programs may be on pause if not canceled.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 10989 replies592 threads Super Moderator
    Sadly, I can’t see those happening this year. For colleges that have students going back, I think any kind of visits at all from outsiders are going to be discouraged.

If you are not seeing any recent info, it’s most likely that colleges themselves are not certain yet. I am sure websites will be updated, but I would not count on fly ins.
    · Reply · Share
  • AlwaysMovingAlwaysMoving 766 replies7 threads Member
    My D was accepted into 2 flyins and they were both canceled.
    · Reply · Share
  • evergreen5evergreen5 2064 replies38 threads Senior Member
    I would assume they are planning virtual at this point. What I have not yet seen, but would be interested to find out, is whether the virtual programming would be held during a weekday (as the in-person fly-in would have been), such that the attendee would need to stay home, skipping their high school classes for that day.
    · Reply · Share