right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

AP Score Withholding

shshshshshsh 19 replies13 threads Junior Member
The school I am planning on applying ED requires an official score report for AP scores. However, I didn't do too well on my AP Physics 1 and AP Chemistry exams.

If I were to withhold both of these scores from the school, would it be considered suspicious? I did take Physics as a dual enrollment class with a university and passed/received credit.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP Score Withholding

• socaldad2002socaldad2002 2490 replies34 threads Senior Member
    shshsh wrote: »
    The school I am planning on applying ED requires an official score report for AP scores. However, I didn't do too well on my AP Physics 1 and AP Chemistry exams.

If I were to withhold both of these scores from the school, would it be considered suspicious? I did take Physics as a dual enrollment class with a university and passed/received credit.

If the college "requires" it and you don't submit your scores than your application is incomplete. You either submit them and suffer the consequences or find a different college to ED to that doesn't require AP scores.
    · Reply · Share
  • shshshshshsh 19 replies13 threads Junior Member
    To clarify, they don’t require all scores to be reported but do require official documentation of reported scores. There is something through College Board to withhold listing certain scores on your score report.
    · Reply · Share
  • socaldad2002socaldad2002 2490 replies34 threads Senior Member
    edited July 15
    shshsh wrote: »
    To clarify, they don’t require all scores to be reported but do require official documentation of reported scores. There is something through College Board to withhold listing certain scores on your score report.

Ok, I misunderstood. No, if you are not required to send them and they are low scores, I would not submit them. The general rule is "if it helps your application, submit it. If it hurts your application, do not submit". The adcoms "might" be more lenient this year with all the CV-19 disruptions going on.

Where are you applying ED?

My theory this year is that less students will apply ED this year compared to last year so the ones that do appy ED have a better chance of admissions than in previous years.
    edited July 15
    · Reply · Share