right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Submit AP Scholar Award?

Chrane03Chrane03 33 replies25 threads Junior Member
edited September 30 in College Admissions
I got a 3 on 3 of my AP exams and 2 on the other 2 exams so I'm obviously not submitting the scores to colleges. However, my scores still qualified me for the AP Scholar Award (Score of at least a 3 on 3 separate AP exams).

Should I write "AP Scholar Award" under the awards category on the common app? Will the colleges be suspicious of me not submitting my AP exam scores if I add this as an award? Will colleges realize that with 5 AP classes I should have received a better award than the base AP scholar award?
edited September 30
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Submit AP Scholar Award?

• skieuropeskieurope 42017 replies8246 threads Super Moderator
    You can list it if you want, but an AP Scholar award is right up the with a Perfect Attendance Medal in terms of value.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 11073 replies137 threads Senior Member
    I think it could raise flags as to why you are listing the award but not submitting scores. I'd leave it off.
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 35946 replies404 threads Senior Member
    edited September 30
    If you were reporting scores, adcoms would see them, know your performance level. They don't need CB to tell them you got a moderate bar certificate. It seems like a stretch, even when a kid does better.

Kinda like kids who tell they got an award for hours of vol work, just hours, not what they've actually done.
    edited September 30
    · Reply · Share
  • Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 3899 replies94 threads Senior Member
    skieurope wrote: »
    You can list it if you want, but an AP Scholar award is right up the with a Perfect Attendance Medal in terms of value.

Google "new car for perfect attendance in high school". ;)

OP, I'd leave it off the application. Even if you got a 5 on all 5 exams, with the number of kids who take AP classes, it is basically a participation award.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 3023 replies48 threads Senior Member
    I would recommend not including it. It has little impact and would raise questions/uncertainty/confusion.
    · Reply · Share