right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Do I have a shot at ASU Barrett Honors?

pilotg2pilotg2 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited September 30 in Arizona State University
I'm an in-state applicant, and I'm not sure what my chances are since Barrett went test-blind.
I have a 3.2 UW, 3.8 W GPA.
I had a really hard time transitioning into high school, and got 4 Cs my first semester of freshman year. I've worked really hard and I now have straight As in all AP classes senior year.
I have decent ECs (Designing apps, president of an engineering club, DECA medals, graphic design awards, National Merit Commended student).
I have a 31 ACT score, and I was really counting on that for admissions until every college went test-blind.
Do I still have a shot at Barrett Honors?

Thanks.
edited September 30
1 replies
Post edited by skieurope on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do I have a shot at ASU Barrett Honors?

• usma87usma87 607 replies4 threads Member
    @pilotg2 - Best of luck to you in the process. Barrett has been great for two of my sons. I think you make a compelling case for how your UW GPA is lower than the 'typical' Barrett student. Your ACT is higher than the average of 29 from previous years. Have you been able to take any AP tests? The FAQ page says that while they cannot consider SAT or ACT scores, AP or IB scores can be considered. I would reach out to the Barrett admission and recruitment counselors. They can provide you with tips to help you make the best case possible. If you message me, I can provide some names.
    · Reply · Share