Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

west chester univ. of PA

mig08mig08 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited August 2006 in College Search & Selection
i'm interested in west chester, but i know little to nothing about the campus, campus life, etc. I just know it has the major i'm interested in, admission requirements that are applicable to me, and is in my budget. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this school? Any info at all would help. thanks!
Post edited by mig08 on

Replies to: west chester univ. of PA

• ek2007ek2007 Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    I live pretty close to WCU. I haven't visited there all to often, but the nightlife is definitely a plus. It's not a huge city like NY or Chicago, but its pretty decent. I have friends who go there, and they all talk about how much fun they have. The facilities are not much to brag about though, or so i've heard. I would have to imagine you would have a better time in a place like West Chester, than out in Shippensburg in the middle of nowhere. West Chester is a fun place.
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild Registered User Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    The town of West Chester has really become fun and nice. There are neat shops and restaurants. The school has always been known as a great place to go if you want to be a teacher. The music education is pretty strong. Not sure about the other fields. It's a good place for a PA student.
  • mig08mig08 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    i've seen pictures of the campus and it seems pretty small. is it?
  • ek2007ek2007 Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    its probably a little small, but if you're in a town like that i don't know if it would matter
  • glamoroussglamorouss Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    collegeboard says that it's a commuter campus, if that matters?
  • jPoDjPoD - Posts: 2,524 Senior Member
    Not really. We send alot of kids there from my high school. We arent SO far, but kids go home occasionally. Most stay over weekends. It is a HUGE party school too ;)
  • walkinghomewalkinghome Registered User Posts: 7,701 Senior Member
    I think it's one of the better located state schools. It's music program is very well regarded. The town of West Chester is pretty cool, lots of small restaurants, bars, shops. Some of the restaurants take the student dining card. Very easy to walk to town from campus.
This discussion has been closed.