Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Help me pick a college

2»

Replies to: Help me pick a college

• Student615Student615 Registered User Posts: 1,885 Senior Member
    I don't know many details at all, but you might look at Gallatin, the "school of individualized study" at NYU. There is a definite core curriculum, but it appears to be fairly open/flexible, and the overall mission/atmosphere might fit you well. Very design-your-own, interdisciplinary, indpendent. The girl I know there is pursuing a concentration (think self-designed major) that combines creative writing, Spanish, and vocal performance.

Might be totally wrong for you, in location as well as academic fit, but it seems worth a look.
  • pippopdewpippopdew Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I am going there next year and they are almost a perfect fit. Their math program may not be the top in the nation but they have eastman school of music and the slopes are no more than 45 minutes away. NO core curriculum.

University of Rochester is the perfect school.

I was in the exact situation you are in last year.

Good luck with your choices.
  • flight17flight17 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    you should look into amherst. open curriculum, very musically-oriented, northeast so probably near good skiing. similiar to brown in selectivity and academic rigor, maybe slightly easier to get into.
2»
This discussion has been closed.