Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UofM vs CMU and MSU - Help?

2»

Replies to: UofM vs CMU and MSU - Help?

• urbaniteurbanite Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    Hey, I'm from Michigan too, and am also looking into engineering, finance, and so on, but mostly engineering.

I asked my teachers on advice for the best schools in engineering and she who is a big Go To Central! and Go To State! fan, says that do NOT go to CMU for engineering. I guess their program is small and limited and doesn't offer many options. I can see how the full ride is enticing though, but I think college is only once in a lifetime thing.

Obviously the best is U of M, but State isn't a bad option either. I would wait until FA packages came out from each of them, and then compared. It might be best to go to U of M, according to rankings, but you wouldn't screw yourself over by going to State either, because they're pretty good in engineering and finance.

Overall, I don't think any choice is that bad, but good luck with the decision.
  • zkevinzkevin Registered User Posts: 960 Member
    Keep in mind though, that State isn't much cheaper then UMich...
  • hoffy101hoffy101 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    When will I know my package? I sent in all my stuff by Feb 15, but have not sent in my enrollment deposits yet. Will i still get a package?
  • liuzhiliuzhi Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    U MICH - ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT

the college u graduate in MATTERS when u trying to get a job
  • liuzhiliuzhi Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    btw...if u really want to be an engineering major
    MSU has a very good program!!
  • A2Wolves6A2Wolves6 Registered User Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    hoffy, you'll know your aid package in a few weeks. As for what aid you'll get, there are two state programs you should qualify for. The first one is the MEAP award, if you took the MEAP test in high school. There's also the MCS that you should get. Should be 2800/year to each school.
2»
This discussion has been closed.