Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

What do u think about this colleges for Computer Science:

2»

Replies to: What do u think about this colleges for Computer Science:

• tiyusufalytiyusufaly Registered User Posts: 609 Member
    You called him a posterboy for Arnold.

Merely giving an alternative opinion does not amount to 'desperately trying to promote his State' - a lot of people agree with him.
  • tokyorevelation9tokyorevelation9 Registered User Posts: 1,102 Senior Member
    I never said his opinion wasn't valid, but I am also allowed to disagree. The "Posterboy" comment was a mere jest. You should not get insulted for other people you know.
  • SeikenSeiken Registered User Posts: 1,091 Senior Member
    OF all of the colleges I have visited thus far, the Claremont Colleges have the nicest area around them in my honest opinion. The colleges themselves provide you with a lot to do so you really do not even have to worry about the surrounding town for that, but if you do care to go off campus its a short drive/train ride to numerous world-famous theme parks and beaches.

And tokyo, you should probably avoiding jesting people you do not know. Plus to me it appeared like he was defending his college, not his entire state.
    Hah, what are you, a bodyguard? It was a harmless joke. I actually like the Governator, and politics aside, your vilification of me is ridiculous. Until I hear something from the poster of the initial response, please, don't speak for him/her.

I told you my opinion of the location of the Claremont Colleges, and you have your opinion. So everything should be OK. There is no need to take any further action.
  • SeikenSeiken Registered User Posts: 1,091 Senior Member
    lol, I am not trying to vilify you or anything of though sort, just the phrase "Mr. Posterboy for The Governator" was pretty awkward given the discussion and the unrelated nature of our governor to geographic location. It would be like me calling you a Tentacle-fetish perv just because you have Tokyo in your handle and you are from Illinois, (ie not Japan) and above that I would be calling you that in a discussion about baked pies and how delicious they are.

Also, doesnt U of Washington have relatively good CS program? If so that would be a good safety imho. I could be wrong on that though. The other easy one that comes to mind is Purdue.
    Not quite Seiken, but I understand your point. However, your example could be considered or construed as an ethnic stereotype, while mine could never be as such. So I propose this line of discussion end.

I believe you are right about UW and Purdue, I have heard good things about both, especially UW.
  • tiyusufalytiyusufaly Registered User Posts: 609 Member
    Apologies dude - I did not catch the joke. We are all good :).
2»
This discussion has been closed.