Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Where should I go?

HueyFreemanHueyFreeman Registered User Posts: 388 Member
I am a junior now with a 90 GPA. I haven't taken the SATs yet but I expect somewhere between 1800 and 2000.

I am interested in colleges that are in or very close to major cities. No rural schools at all. I'm really not that into the whole party all the time/frats rule type of school(but a school with no partying is also a no).

I am interested in majoring in either journalism, political science, or psychology.

I want a diverse college, can be a LAC to Large Public University.
So far, I have:

NYU, GWU, USC, U of Miami, BU, Temple, U of Washington-Seattle, American, Tulane, Occidental, Columbia College(Chicago), Depaul(religion there worries me), UMD-CP.

Where else should I look?
Post edited by HueyFreeman on

Replies to: Where should I go?

• TheMK99TheMK99 Registered User Posts: 1,019 Member
    you should look to improve your SATs with that school list
  • RobotabRobotab Registered User Posts: 486 Member
    University of Rochester :) check it out for more info-- I love that school :)
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad Super Moderator Posts: 34,279 Super Moderator
    Case Western in Cleveland. No journalism but they do have English, Psych and Poly Sci.
  • scout59scout59 Registered User Posts: 3,121 Senior Member
    Don't let the religion aspect of DePaul bother you - even though it's a Catholic school, they have a very diverse student body, including every religion under the sun plus a healthy dose of atheists. The school prides itself on ethnic and religious diversity.....
This discussion has been closed.