Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Economics Postgrad from Canada

harolddayharoldday Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited November 2007 in College Search & Selection
So, I'm a Peruvian currently studying Mechanical Engineering overseas at McGill University. Almost an entire semester into college I'm realizing that Engineering is not my thing. I like Math and I like Politics, and I'd like to go back to my home country and possibly into the government... y'know, idealist dreams of 'fixing it up'. Mechanical Engineering does not really lead into that.

However, I've heard Economics at McGill is quite weak. Even Honors Econ. is mathematically unchallenging to the point where lower ranked local schools are better choices in the minds of some.

Now I'm evaluating my possible alternatives. Should I consider transferring somewhere else? Re-applying to the 'States? Should I just take a lot of Math (which I love and I'm good at) and the Econ reqs. and then hope for the best in postgrad? Would I have a shot at Ivies/Top Tiers with a Canadian background?
Post edited by haroldday on

Replies to: Economics Postgrad from Canada

This discussion has been closed.