Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

San francisco or East Bay (Hayward)

kawpekawpe Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
What city do you prefer to live in as a college student...please give advice. Im planning to go to SFSU or CSUEB ...I have no idea what place is better. Like transportation, environment, community, shopping malls, girls, etc...thnxs

Replies to: San francisco or East Bay (Hayward)

• kenf1234kenf1234 Registered User Posts: 1,865 Senior Member
    San Francisco is a million times better than Hayward in every way possible. Except that rent is more expensive. Transportion, environment, shopping malls, girls, everything is better in San Francisco. Maybe it's a little cold in San Francisco, Hayward may have better weather for some people.
  • dstarkdstark Registered User Posts: 34,241 Senior Member
    SF, all the way. World Class city. SFSU is very close to the Stonestown Shopping Ctr. which is a couple of blocks away.

There is a streetcar or a bus stop right across the street from SFSU. If you play your cards right, you don't need a car.
  • woeiseponinewoeiseponine Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    Haha funny, I live in Hayward... I go up to East Bay all the time for concerts and such. and yes, I agree, Hayward kinda sucks.

East Bay has great music and business programs; for everything else, go to SFSU.
This discussion has been closed.