I've been lurking around CC for quite sometime and now I was wondering if you guys could chance me with schools I have on my list right now, and also suggest me some colleges that I can look into =]
Here are some infos..
Unweighted GPA: 3.5
School: International School (highly reputable)
Class Rank: N/A , and I don't know about percentage either..
SAT I: 1910/2400 (620 Reading 680 Math 610 Writing)
but I'm taking it again in October.
SAT IIs: Plan to take Literature & Chinese
Not sure about Lit, but I'm almost sure I'll get 700+ in Chinese
My school has set classes for 9th & 10th grade, so no APs or honors in 9 th & 10th grade..but I am an IB Diploma Candidate starting from August 2007
ECs. (my school's HS started only when I was a freshmen so there is a limited number of clubs that I could join)
- been to 5 international conferences..once as a student officer =)
Special ASA Project (10-12)
- basically a community service club. I visit a local school each week and taught English to the students there.
- Also a group leader for the English Group
- about 20~30hrs each year
Habitat for Humanity (11-12)
- Went on two Habitat Trips, about 45 hrs combined
- Group leader for the 2nd Habitat Trip
I have other activities that I've been involved in, but these three are my core activities. Also as I've also said, my school has a very limited amount of activites/clubs since it is a new HS. we had our first graduating class in 2008 and I'll be the second =] !
- NHS member (11-12)
- Recognitions from the Special ASA Project club as a devoted member/leader
- Recognitions from Habitat trips
- Most improved Music award in junior year . (I'm taking IB music and I was the worst in class in the beginning of the year, and now I'm an average student haha..)
- Recognitions from the MUN conferences that I've been to..
- Honor Roll Student
Essays: I'll make sure it's great
Recomendations: Great, hopefully .
Counselor's recommendations: Good
Work Experience: I've tutored English to a local kid for about a year
I speak fluent English, Korean.
I can speak Chinese fairly, but just not fluently.
I can also speak basic French and Japanese
I've played the violin for 4 years now. I can't say that I'm good at it, but I love music and musicals.
I've lived in China, Korea and Canada, and I also travel quite frequently.
Also, I've been in an international school for about 4 years now, excluding my senior year, so I've been really in touch with diversity and understanding different cultures. I LOVE to travel, and I hope to work in an international organization in the future.
So now, here are some of the colleges that I'm thinking of applying .
- University of Southern California
- University of Michigan
- Indiana University at Bloomington
- University of Maryland, College Park
- Northeastern University
- SUNY at Binghamton
I know that some of these colleges are definitely my reaches, maybe even HIGHEST REACH, and I'll probably won't get in, but I just wanted to take the chances and apply.
I don't have that many match/safety schools, so could you guys please suggest me some colleges that I might be interested in ?
Oh btw, I'm planning to major in business or econ because I'm very much interested in the area =]