Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Delaware?

kinglinkinglin Registered User Posts: 2,296 Senior Member
I just started checking it out, and it looked nice, after seeing the virtual tour. Can anyone tell me about the campus life? And what they are known for?

Thanks
Post edited by kinglin on

Replies to: University of Delaware?

• marcyrmarcyr Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    UD is known primarily for its schools of Engineering and Education, although it also has an excellent reputation in many other subjects. Campus life is much like that at any other comparably-sized college/university, with sports, music and performance groups, clubs and organizations, and fraternities and sororities. The campus is in a good location, centrally located between Philadelphia and Baltimore, two cities with lots to offer, and the campus itself is very attractive, with green space and a "traditional" campus feel. If you think UD may be of interest to you, you should try to plan a visit, since virtual tours are helpful but leave out lots of information you can only get on site.
  • pgedufailedmepgedufailedme Registered User Posts: 471 Junior Member
    I agree with Marcyr. Also, the students on campus were pretty nice and always willing to help. The dorms were kind of small, though.
  • MomofWildChildMomofWildChild Registered User Posts: 22,265 Senior Member
    My niece toured and was very impressed with the engineering program and the honors program. Good campus- good size. I think Delaware is underrated.
This discussion has been closed.