I have only two more days to submit my four choice colleges to College Board. If it's still possible, I would like to apply for Fall 2009. However, if it's really not possible, I don't mind applying for Fall 2010. I don't want to rush in entering a college, and then realize later on that it's unsuitable for me.
It would be great if you could help me out =)
Perhaps these would be useful:
- top 3% in high school
- best student in various years for music, english and maths
- received the Best Student award in 2008
- Distinction, National Chemistry Quiz
- Won a trip to an exhibition to present a science project
- Winner of school chemistry quiz
- composed a song which won first at state level
- composed a number of songs for the school which are still sung today =)
- arranged a piece for my school musical
- performed on the piano in Trinity High Achievers Award Night
- arranged a piece for my school's recorder ensemble, which won first
- Instruments: piano, violin, cello, recorder, electone
- directed a short film (about drug addiction) which won first at state level
- directed a few other short films
- participated in a film camp and directed a documentary on my hometown
- Awarded second prize in my school's website designing competition
- a member of the editorial board (school magazine)
I would like to pursue a career in medicine later on, so a college with a strong science program would be great. At the same time, it would be wonderful if I could do music or film (film scoring?) on the sidelines.
P.S. I have just taken my SATs on Jan 24th. I don't really have high hopes for it, especially for the CR and writing sections.
Thanks so much for reading, and any input would be more than welcome!! =)