Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

SCAD-Atlanta/Art Institute Atlanta

BlkbutterfliBlkbutterfli Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited January 2009 in College Search & Selection
I'm interested in pursuing a degree in Photography, I've read some bad reviews on City-Data regarding the Art Institute here in Atlanta from former students that had drop out (8 months), I figure they were unhappy, for whatever reason. I'm wanting to hear from those whom have successfully graduate or are in current attendance at these two institutes how was your experience (e.g. staff, student ratio, general information) in order to gain a better perspective about the difference in two schools. I know they're both fairly similar in tuition costs.
Post edited by Blkbutterfli on

Replies to: SCAD-Atlanta/Art Institute Atlanta

• IamsoconfusedIamsoconfused Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    I have heard wonderful things from my nephew who is an art major and will be graduating next summer. It is a very good place. Please look carefully at it. My friend in California also reccomends Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara for photography. She hired a lot of graduates for her production company.
  • IamsoconfusedIamsoconfused Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    Sorry, I was talking about the Savannah campus and not the Atlanta one.
  • VandySAEVandySAE Registered User Posts: 232 Junior Member
    I'm from that part of the world and I'm pretty sure SCAD is the school in Savannah...
  • BlkbutterfliBlkbutterfli Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    That's nice to hear about the SCAD-Savannah campus but I'm more interested in the SCAD-Atlanta campus, Atlanta where I currently reside. Anybody else?!
This discussion has been closed.