Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What are the major difference between BC and BU?

2»

Replies to: What are the major difference between BC and BU?

• flyingllamaflyingllama Registered User Posts: 1,360 Senior Member
    so should i forget about BU and BC? i really don't care about hockey hah...
    i just thought boston sounded fun, and the schools seem to have alright reputations
  • hawaiiboy15hawaiiboy15 Registered User Posts: 935 Member
    I'd personally go with BC, BU sounds a little impersonal, but some people may like that.
  • ElizaBElizaB Registered User Posts: 658 Member
    No, no don't need to care about hockey to love either school. I know plenty who attend and don't give a rats ass about hockey. BUT the games are fun. I don't like hockey that much but the games are fun as hell to go to.
  • McPucks1357McPucks1357 Registered User Posts: 388 Member
    If you're only really interested in Boston, then BU is the way to go (but there are TONS of other schools in boston). BC is actually located in Chestnut hill (Border between Newton and Brookline), which is more suburban than urban.
  • hayleahaylea Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    Like McPucks said, BU is actually in the city if that's what you're looking for. BC is not an urban campus. Because of that, BU has a nontraditional campus but it's still really nice and contrary to what many people think, it is defined (if you want an undefined urban campus in Boston look at Suffolk!). BC has more of a traditonal one with a quad, etc.

You don't have to love hockey or sports to go to either of these schools, however as ElizaB pointed out the games are a blast to go to. Both schools are strong academically. BU has a higher acceptance rate and more students, but from what I hear from people who go there, the classes are surprisingly small. BC is Jesuit, and though it is not exactly evident, there are crucifixes in the classrooms, etc. I'm not sure if that is something that would bother you or not.
2»
This discussion has been closed.