Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Transfer Schools

bosox097bosox097 Registered User Posts: 401 Member
So I'm looking to transfer for next year, I've already applied to two schools, but I'm looking for one or two more to apply to as well. I'm at a small school right now and I really don't like it. So I'm looking for a big school (at least 10,000) that has a football team. I live in Michigan so I'm looking for some schools around here, but I wouldn't be opposed to anything outside the Midwest, especially if it was a warmer climate. I don't have a major picked out yet so that's not too much of an issue, and that's really about it as far as preferences go. My grades from the first semester were:

Spanish 201: B+
English 103: A
CDM 115: B+
Math 103: B+
GNRL 691: A-

GPA: 3.532

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by bosox097 on

Replies to: Transfer Schools

• diontechristmasdiontechristmas Registered User Posts: 2,891 Senior Member
    UM
    MSU
    CMU
    WMU
    Ohio U
    Ohio State
    Iowa
    Wisconsin
    Minnesota
    UConn
    Penn State
    Temple
    Pitt
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Rutgers
    USF
    UCF
    FSU
    Miami FL
    Miami University (OH)
    Maryland
    Clemson
    NC State
    Virginia Tech
    Georgia Tech
    Tulane
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Georgia
    Kentucky

That should give you tons of options.
  • LogicWarriorLogicWarrior - Posts: 3,670 Senior Member
    Since you go to school in Wisconsin that might help you get into UW-Madison, especially if you have a good high school record.

And with a few more credits you can get a guaranteed transfer to University of Iowa, and maybe even get into their honors program.
  • bosox097bosox097 Registered User Posts: 401 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. dionte, I don't think UMich is really in my range (not that I would go there anyway since I'm an MSU fan). I've applied to Michigan State already and I've been nervous as heck about hearing back and I'm pretty sure I'm right on the border of acceptance and rejection, I think Michigan would require a bit higher GPA. Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless. Also, anyone know if Wake Forest is within my range? It's a little bit smaller I know, but I've always been pretty interested in it.
  • bosox097bosox097 Registered User Posts: 401 Member
    Anyone????
This discussion has been closed.