Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Help me choose between University of Redlands and Lewis & Clark College.

gsljenngsljenn Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited April 2013 in College Search & Selection
I’m agonizing over my college choice and running out of time to decide. I’m trying to decide between Lewis & Clark College in Portland, OR and University of Redlands in Redlands, CA. I live in Orange County, CA, so the drive to Redlands is about an hour and flight to Portland is about 2 hours. I would live on campus at either one, but would have more opportunity to come home from Redlands. Lewis & Clark would cost me an additional $5, 168 per year in student loans, not including interest or fees. So, the cost is much higher at Lewis & Clark and I’ve also discovered that Redlands would grant me more credit for AP test that could shorten my time spent on degree overall. I’m thinking of becoming a teacher and could possibly use that additional time at the end of my four years to start working early on my accreditation. The thing that stopping me from picking Redlands is that I fell in love with the beautiful campus and surrounding are of Portland. What should I do?
Post edited by gsljenn on

Replies to: Help me choose between University of Redlands and Lewis & Clark College.

This discussion has been closed.