Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Last minute decision

changeschanges Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
edited April 2009 in College Search & Selection
My son is torn between Elon and Xavier (Ohio). He intends to major in buisness. We are from the Northeast. He thinks the business school at Xavier is better but he likes to overall feel of Elon. The practical side (job placement from B-school) says Xavier whereas the fun side says Elon.

I know it's very late in the game. He has to make a decision tonight. I am trying to advise him but NOT make the decision for him. He thinks I want him to go to Xavier and I think in his heart he wants to go to Elon but keeps going back to the practical side. One last note the net cost is $6,000 less at Xavier.

Please help with ant thoughts or inputs on Xavier vs. Elon for a business major.

Thank You.

Replies to: Last minute decision

• hmom5hmom5 - Posts: 10,882 Senior Member
    As these are colleges with mostly regional recruiting, where he wants to live and work after college should be a primary consideration.
This discussion has been closed.