Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Anesthesiologist and University of Oklahoma?

wrestlerforlifewrestlerforlife Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
i am new to this site i am going to be a freshman in high school next summer and want to get a head start on things. I am hopping on getting a wrestling scholarship to go to school. would Oklahoma be a good school to become an Anesthesiologist? What schools besides the obvious Harvard, Yale, etc. would be good?
Post edited by wrestlerforlife on

Replies to: Anesthesiologist and University of Oklahoma?

• diontechristmasdiontechristmas Registered User Posts: 2,891 Senior Member
    i am going to be a freshman in high school

Wow, slow down man and enjoy high school. Come back in 2 or 3 years...

Wayyyy too early to worry about this.
  • wrestlerforlifewrestlerforlife Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Thanks for the concern but i have to get ready, an example would be i took the ACT last year and scored 21 :) I know i should aim for a 31-36 but its a good start.
    No, you dont have to get ready. Focus on doing well in school, your social life and wrestling.
    :D fine lets just say i want to get ready i am not in a rush but i want to have a leg to stand on when i am done high school so could you help please?
    I already told you what to do.
  • JasonHoyaJasonHoya Registered User Posts: 477 Member
    lol yeah, it's way too early for you to be worrying about that and you haven't even started high school. However, just focus on doing well in school and continuing any activities you enjoy. Think about other activities you can do in HS as well. Beyond that, relax and enjoy.

Btw, college won't prepare you to be an anesthesiologist. You need to go to medical school first, then complete a residency in anesthesiology. So, don't even begin to think about being an anesthesiologist, as you still need to:

-complete high school
    -go to college
    -finish pre-med courses
    -take the MCAT
    -get into medical school
    -complete medical school, and the first two parts of the Licensing exam
    -get into anesthesiology residency (and you most likely will find something you like better when you actually get exposed to different kinds of medicine)

So no, none of those schools are good to becoming an anesthesiologist, as you need to finish college and go to medical school first before that even happens.
    Ok i see what you mean i am still pondering the job feilds but couple questions first. I first off would like to say that i am in AP classes and am passing them all with my lowest grade a 95% and my top grade in algebra 1 is a 111% i am an honor student and i am a DAP graduate. My questions are what would be good schools for Architecture? Thanks for all your guys help.
    You're taking AP classes in middle school?
    yeah im in 8th grade.
    hello? any body out there?
    How can you take AP classes in 8th grade?
    Well first for some of my classes i go to the high school, i also had to test to be placed in these classes, as well i get high school credits for my classes. I actually took my End of Course Exams two days ago.
    ok well i am gonna hit the sack thanks for all your help. I sent you a friend invite.
  • kayakmomkayakmom Registered User Posts: 566 Member
    jason hoya has it right...med schools love high gpa's in college ,don't forget. also look into the anesthesiologist assistant programs (just google it) at case western,emory etc
    you take all the pre med courses and have a job that is enjoyable and pays well if you decide not to continue to med school...plus you will be competent before you start any furthur training in anesthesia..that is what many of my friends did.
  • osucowboysosucowboys Registered User Posts: 613 Member
    OU is the most pathetic college in the universe. In fact, this is your brain on OU:
    http://moon.ouhsc.edu/kfung/JTY1/Com05/Com05Image/Com507-2-02.gif

Don't do it! I've seen too many people throw their lives away on OU.

(P.S. Wrestler, since you ask, OSU is actually one of the Top 20 architecture schools in the nation. OU is way at the bottom. Their architecture school is currently located in a formerly abandoned Hobby Lobby..how's that for dramatic irony? OSU is also THE top school for wrestling in the nation. And it's a known fact that OU is a laughing stock. When you get older you'll realize it.)
This discussion has been closed.