right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Writing a proper withdrawal from a college letter?

Empowered23Empowered23 36 replies21 threads Junior Member
Can anybody give me a template for a withdrawal from admission letter?

Also, what information should I disclose in the letter so they can ID my name and remove it from their records?

Should I phone in instead of a letter or should I do both?

I'm withdrawing from a BS/DO program (medicine) along with the school - meaning that is a joint program between a college and an actual medical school. Any special care I should take with that?

I also want to do this in a manner to minimize or eliminate any prejudice against my brother and cousins who may be applying to this program in the future.
edited July 2009
2 replies
Post edited by Empowered23 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Writing a proper withdrawal from a college letter?

• Empowered23Empowered23 36 replies21 threads Junior Member
    Bump. Can anybody please give me some advice? I don't want to delay it any longer.
    · Reply · Share
  • ChedvaChedva 18937 replies11738 threads Senior Member
    RE: My name & address
    My SSN
    Name of Program

Dear .....

I have been offered a place in your Class of XXX, which I accepted. Unfortunately, my circumstances have changed and I find I am no longer able to attend. I hereby withdraw from the Class of XXX.

Thank you for this opportunity and I regret any inconvenience this may cause.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity