Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

help, where should i apply? (california, oregon and washington)

italianitalian Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2005 in College Search & Selection
I have a solid 3.58 unweighted gpa at a competitive catholic girls school
i got a 1750 on the sat (I'm reataking) and a total of 5 ap and 5 honors classes by graduation.
I got a 4 on APUS history last year and i need some more schools in all categories, california, oregon and washington only please

I'm sure I'm applying to

Occidental and LMU, and I perfer small to medium schools, (Catholic would be nice)
Thanks!
Post edited by italian on

Replies to: help, where should i apply? (california, oregon and washington)

• idadidad Registered User Posts: 5,027 Senior Member
    Look into the University of Portland. It may be be a good fit for you. You might also look into Seattle University. Both are Catholic schools.
  • drusbadrusba Registered User Posts: 9,404 Senior Member
    Some to look at:

Catholic: Gonzaga (WA), Santa Clara (CA), Univ of Portland (Or), St. Mary's (CA)

Other religious affiliated: Pepperdine (CA), Whitworth (WA)

Non-religious: Pitzer, Scripps (all girls) and Claremont-McKenna (all three part of consortium of colleges in Claremont, CA), Reed (WA) (all but Pitzer in this group would be reaches; religious schools above would all be matches to safeties)
  • carolyncarolyn Registered User Posts: 7,435 Senior Member
    I'll third the suggestion of the University of Portland. It's a very nice school and just the right size (3,000 students). I'd also suggest you take a look at Seattle University and Dominican U of California in addition to the schools Drusba mentioned.

Some other non-Catholic schools I would recommend: Willamette, University of Puget Sound, Linfield, University of Redlands, Chapman, Whittier, Pacific U, U of Pacific, and Pacific Lutheran U. All of the above, with the possible exception of Willamette and UPS would be solid good bet schools for you. Willamette and UPS would be reasonable matches in terms of your grades, but your test scores are low for them (and Occidental, Pitzer, and Scripps as well).
  • westfanwestfan Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Do not dismiss either Willamette or UPS with your scores- my daughter was in your range and was admitted to both last spring- chose Willamette. Good luck!
  • bullwinklebullwinkle Registered User Posts: 702 Member
    to add to those mentioned- Univ of San Diego, Whittier college, U of Redlands.
  • WolfmanWolfman Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    Yes, definitely check out the University of San Diego (USD). Strong academics, beautiful campus, and good athletics program. Plus, it's tough to beat San Diego for weather, beaches, and things to do.
This discussion has been closed.