Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Proper Method for Sending Transcripts to W&M?

DewiPanzerDewiPanzer Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited January 2014 in College of William and Mary
This is more of a Common App question, however, seeing as W&M is my #1 choice, I'll just ask it here. (I also assumed that the Undergraduate Admissions office is bogged down with emails right now, so I made an account on CC to clarify my issue quickly.)

On the "Application Process" page on the W&M website, it requests that official transcripts be sent to the College and gives the address. On the contrary, I was led to believe that transcripts are sent through the Common App by my counselor in the Secondary School Report, which she has confirmed as doing. So, which method does W&M prefer? Should I have my school send an official transcript in the mail as well?

I'm probably just worrying about this a little too much, but it's been bothering me ever since I sent in my application last Tuesday.

Anyways, thanks!
-Dewi
Post edited by DewiPanzer on

Replies to: Proper Method for Sending Transcripts to W&M?

• W&M AdmissionW&M Admission College Rep Posts: 2,321 Senior Member
    @Dewi, either method is fine. If your counselor sent everything through Common App that's just perfect. The info you found online is for those whose schools are not set up t send documents electronically.
This discussion has been closed.