Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Greek System

tt2volleyballtt2volleyball Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
edited February 2007 in College of William and Mary
Hey guys I was wondering what you think about they greek system at W&M
I'm from NH and thats not really a big thing here
Post edited by tt2volleyball on

Replies to: Greek System

• soccerguy315soccerguy315 Registered User Posts: 7,245 Senior Member
    The greek system at W&M is not that big. Well, I guess the stats are roughly 33% involvement, but the presence is not overwhelming or anything. And the majority of greeks do not hang out exclusively with greeks, or things like that. The frats are probably a little tamer than at a big state school or party school.

I believe there's at least one person on here who is greek, so they might be able to help you more.
  • MightymealsMightymeals Registered User Posts: 244 Junior Member
    I'm in a frat here and it's pretty relaxed. The school puts too many restrictions on parties so you won't find a lot of huge keggars, but the parties we do have are pretty fun. Most frats are really tight among brothers, but also have friends outside their frats (I do).
  • atdiemokidatdiemokid Registered User Posts: 155 Junior Member
    I'm also in a frat here and I second pretty much everything that the above poster says. Then again, my fraternity is new and we don't have housing yet or anything.

The other thing I'd add is that there isn't a ton of competetion/animosity between fraternities like their is at some schools. I have some friends in nearly every frat. Its really a good thing.
This discussion has been closed.