Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Any chances.

athensguyathensguy Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hi.
I have been an Virginia/US resident for about six months and I will start at the local community college from this January. I completed high school aboard, my grades were not that good. I came to the US and took the SAT I got an 1800.

Now Do I stand a chance in W and M after my Community college? I am willing to take the hardest of courses and am confident of excelling.

I have nothing to make into numbers. I was never a stand out in anything, I read a lot and played decent amount of football back home. I speak four languages.

Will I be wasting my time and the application fee by applying? For what I have seen it looks like it.

And sorry for being vague, I do not want to be precise on a forum.
Post edited by athensguy on

Replies to: Any chances.

• athensguyathensguy Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I know a lot about Greece, Biology and Buddhism. I am always studying something about one or the other, I think I could write an paper on any of them, or combining any two.
  • soccerguy315soccerguy315 Registered User Posts: 7,245 Senior Member
    W&M has a guaranteed admissions agreement with the Virginia Community College System. If you have a 3.6 GPA with the appropriate classes taken, W&M must accept you.

You can find the requirements here: William & Mary - Guide for Virginia Community College System/Richard Bland College Students

UVA also has a similar agreement with VCCS, with a GPA requirement of 3.4 (find more info on the uva website)
  • W&M AdmissionW&M Admission College Rep Posts: 2,321 Senior Member
    athensguy, you can absolutely apply to transfer to W&M after some time at the community college. If your high school record was not as impressive as you had hoped, we encourage you to spend two years at a community college pursuing an associate degree track. As mentioned already, if you're in VA enroll at a VCCS campus or Richard Bland. W&M has guaranteed agreements with both. You can also apply to William & Mary without going through the guaranteed admission program. Consider attending one of our prospective transfer events (this includes a tour, application information session, and student panel). More info: William & Mary - Prospective Transfer Days
This discussion has been closed.