Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Who is applying EA, ED 2012-???

Replies to: Who is applying EA, ED 2012-???

• wyankeifwyankeif Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Hey, so I applied ED to Colorado a while back and in the incredibly tense state I am in right now this thread has answered a ton of questions whose answers were unknown to me.

I still an unclear about one thing, however: will I receive a physical packet, an email, or both? I ask because I am leaving the country for two weeks on the 17th, so on the off chance that I get my notification after the 15th (how likely is this?) I'd like to know if I'll still be able to get my answer electronically even if I'm not here to get the physical envelope.

If it helps, I live in San Francisco.

Thanks!
  • 5boys5boys Registered User Posts: 1,775 Senior Member
    Well nothing in the mail here today in CA.:-((
  • 5brownies5brownies Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    nothing here either :((((
  • Brinker59Brinker59 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    No news in NJ.....the postman did not deliver the mail until 6:30 today....it will be a long day tomorrow.
  • hopefulcctigerhopefulcctiger Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    I don't believe that they will be sending an email, so we'll just have to wait on the physical mail (which is a lot easier said than done! I'm so excited to get my decision!) It sounds like they're sending them through regular mail, so I wouldn't be too concerned that most of us haven't received anything yet (I haven't either in MN).

I think expecting it before the 17th would be a safe bet though - they must have started mailing them last Friday for people to be getting them today. I'd guess that tomorrow we'll see a lot more people getting packets (I know from CO --> MN takes 3 days). CA is pretty close to CO so even if they just shipped it today you could probably expect it by Friday.

If it does end up being the 17th and it's killing you, I'm sure you could call admissions and nicely explain the situation :)
    That really helps, thanks!

Also, how credible is this information I read about FedEx equaling acceptance and normal mail equaling rejection? I personally hope this isn't always the case...
    Glad I could relieve a little excitement-induced stress! :)
    (If only I could do the same for myself now!)

I'm by no means an authority on stuff, so maybe 07DAD or another CC-parent can step in and correct me, but I don't think that normal mail = rejection necessarily, since pennyalex got her daughter's acceptance through regular mail.

I'm just hoping we'll both get some good news tomorrow so we can quit worrying about what delivery truck comes to our house!
    Amen to that.
  • CChopefulmamaCChopefulmama Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    My daughter has also applied ED to CC and emailed her admissions person this weekend about when she would hear results, he replied that the packets were mailed out on Friday and that she should hear any day. It's in the mail but hasn't arrived here yet. Look for the US mail. I've not seen or heard anything about FedEx except for the transfer student that posted here last week. Hope that hopes to clarify things.
    Awesome CChopefulmama! Thank you for posting! :)

I'm definitely optimistic for tomorrow! Hopefully they'll make their way up to Minnesota by tomorrow afternoon! :D
  • skier29skier29 Registered User Posts: 397 Member
    if it helps from past years and just to relieve some anxiety, I will add to the "we received an acceptance by regular mail " EA about the 22nd or so in 2009.
    Good luck to you all!
  • cogitocoffeecogitocoffee Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    The FedEx acceptance was merely the case for my personal pool: winter start transfers. I've been told there were only around ten of us and we were a obviously a rush situation as we start at CC next month, so that may explain the FedEx. So so sorry for any misinformation or confusion, was only offering my personal experience!

Good luck everyone! Hope to see you all in the fall. :)
  • eehlaunaeehlauna Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Congrats to D of pennyalex! Now that it has been mailed already and they used regular mail, I dont know when it will arrive in my place. I am an international student from Nepal and I am very nervous right now. I think it would be okay to ask this now. I had reported Math II 790, TOEFL 108, SAT MATHS 770. I did A-levels and my grades are A*AABB. I have quite extensive ECAs. What do you guys think I will be getting? A thin mail or a big packet? Also, should I write to admission officer to let me know my decision by email? Would it be okay or is it better to wait (which right now seems impossible)? And I am applying for financial aid.
  • eehlaunaeehlauna Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Oh yeah. I applied ED!
  • outdoors12outdoors12 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    I GOT IN!!! They sent a nice personal letter about my supplement too. I can't believe it!
This discussion has been closed.