right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. Due to very high demand we will be streaming the event on our Facebook page. Let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions today (4/1). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Who is applying EA, ED 2012-???

Replies to: Who is applying EA, ED 2012-???

• wyankeifwyankeif 12 replies1 threads New Member
    Have you tried calling the CC admissions office?
    · Reply · Share
  • eehlaunaeehlauna 101 replies6 threads Junior Member
    No! Well, the time difference is the problem. It is 11.07 p.m right now and I can't call US from my home. We haven't taken that service. I have to call in the daylight, and when we have a daylight, admission officers will probably be sound asleep in their homes. I did write to admission officer of my region but no reply yet!
    · Reply · Share
  • 07DAD07DAD 5102 replies67 threads Senior Member
    eehlauna-- last year "sidthekid" from Nepal posted the following in the CC thead and on an international thread:
    Congrats teamie! that's gr8 news.

I got my decision by fed ex. I got it on the 16th, abt 5 days after it was posted, so u will probably find something in your mailbox in a couple of days. All the best!

Hey, I got in ED to Colorado College and the aid was good.
    http://www.coloradocollege.edu/dean/...S2009_2010.xls Check this out. The average aid for internationals is $44,000 and the tuition is only around $39,000.. I think thats fantastic aid. However, Im sure that it is really really competitive. Btw, wat do u mean by full FA, living+food+tuitions or only tuition fees? As for the others, I think they will provide similar aid. not sure though.
    · Reply · Share
    thank you 07dad. I had searched his posts but didn't come across this. Thank yoU! So I will have to wait till friday if I am accepted. Or else, the rejections are probably sent through regular mail which will take even longer. :( 2 days more. I have no idea how I am going to be through with that.
    · Reply · Share
  • 07DAD07DAD 5102 replies67 threads Senior Member
    eehlauna--in a previous post I gave the telephone number for Fedex that I have been told can tell you if there is a fedex package on its way to a particular address. That number is "800-go-fedex." I have no idea if it is internal US tracking only, but if you call and they have something headed to your address ask for the weight. Acceptances are much larger than just a letter.

OR--kick back and wait a few days. My CC grad works in Taiwan, so I have checked out International FedEx. IFE advertises that the delivery will get there within 2-3 business days. So, if it went into FedEx on Friday, you are looking at receiving it really soon.
    · Reply · Share
    I called on 13th december. There was nothing at that time. So it probably is rejection!
    · Reply · Share
  • 5boys5boys 1696 replies79 threads Senior Member
    Still nothing today...I am feeling better about it though.. what will be, will be, my S is totally fine.. but would just like a notification of some kind to move on... if he hears nothing by tomorrow I am going to have him call... maybe something got mixed up and he is still in the EA pool... who knows.. It's weird that no one has posted a deferral or rejection yet, so hard to tell if they came out yet or not.
    · Reply · Share
  • 911C2S911C2S 328 replies3 threads Member
    5boys: My S had two of his acceptances delivered to the wrong address, so they took considerably longer to reach us. I called one school and explained the mail delivery problem and they gave me his acceptance over the phone and resent the letter.

Maybe taking that approach would help. I've been hoping for your S that he would be admitted. The waiting and wondering are so stressful!
    · Reply · Share
    My S does not want to call until tomorrow.. the official decision date... I know the mail is crazy right now with all the cutbacks and xmas.. I wish they just did the email notification..it is SO much less stressful, and everyone finds out the same time.. YES!!, this waiting and wondering is driving us all CRAZY!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • roundlakeroundlake 6 replies0 threads New Member
    so sorry... that is so frustrating. i'm glad your son is calm. i have positive thoughts for him. don't give up hope.
    · Reply · Share
  • txcaroltxcarol 21 replies1 threads New Member
    @5boys. know that all of us cc parents are pulling for you and son. sending positive thoughts your way.
    · Reply · Share
  • hopefulcctigerhopefulcctiger 23 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm also waiting on a decision. I'm hoping it will come tomorrow! I'm thinking that my decision was sent on Monday, so it would make sense for it to come tomorrow (hopefully not later though, don't know if I can handle the anticipation)!

I'm sending out positive thoughts
    · Reply · Share
  • 5brownies5brownies 33 replies2 threads Junior Member
    nothing here in CA again. :(((((((
    · Reply · Share
  • colocollcolocoll 7 replies1 threads New Member
    Anyone else in California not get their letter yet?
    · Reply · Share
    colocoll, did you apply Ed? Are you in Ca?
    · Reply · Share
  • colocollcolocoll 7 replies1 threads New Member
    Yes, I applied ED, and I live in LA
    · Reply · Share
    we are in LA too. Hope we hear SOMETHING tomorrow, whatever it is, just to move forward. Best of luck to you.
    · Reply · Share
    Join the club colocoll!! There are quite a few of us waiting in CA.. and also in MN.. so there must be some notifications still out there.
    · Reply · Share
    wish you the best of luck 5boys, I am thinking about you all the time too.
    · Reply · Share
  • hopefulcctigerhopefulcctiger 23 replies0 threads New Member
    Here's some fun math that I PM'd to 5boys that may provide some relief to the others waiting:

Let's work on the premise that decisions were mailed last Friday and this Monday, as has been confirmed earlier in this thread.

The majority of people who have already received decisions received them this Tuesday, with a few receiving them a day earlier or a day later. This gives us 3 days transit time with a margin of error (probably geography based) of +/- 1. It's likely that these decisions were mailed Friday.

Working with the 3 day average transit time and a shipment date of Monday, we can extrapolate that this THURSDAY is the likely day for the second wave of acceptances to start rolling in. It is also conveniently the posted deadline, December 15th, which 07DAD has confirmed is historically typically met or preceded. Like he said earlier, someone has to be the second round.

The fact that we haven't heard anything yet does not mean that we were rejected, it just means that our decisions were mailed Monday rather than Friday. (Also, the geographic trends are pretty encouraging. As far as I've seen, it looks like CA and MN haven't received anything yet. Maybe the regional admissions officers send out the decisions, which would account for the geographical discrepancies).

TL;DR: I'm giving it until tomorrow before I start to worry. Hopefully this put your minds a little at ease as well :)

Sending positive thoughts and hope to everyone still waiting on a decision! :D
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity