Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Colorado College vs Carleton vs Vassar (waitlisted)

sdurkinsdurkin Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
May 1st is drawing near and I still don't know where I'm going!! Please help! I would love some input.

My thoughts/concerns
-Carleton: it's in my hometown and I'm not sure if I want to stay so close, the student body seems a bit too overly nerdy and socially awkward for me (is this true?), I love the community that carleton has and the close relationship with professors but I'm not sure if the students are too introverted.

-Colorado College: I got a less intellectual feel than I did while at Carleton. Everyone seemed really outgoing though and super nice and fun loving (a bit different from what I saw at Carleton). I'm not super outdoorsy. I ski and love to be outdoors but I don't think I'm as into it as much of the student body seemed to be. Also partying seemed incredibly prevalent on campus. And with such a rigorous block plan this concerned me a bit. Do students still get their work done while having a good time?

-Vassar: because I was waitlisted I didn't go to admitted student days so I really don't know very much about it.

I know that was really long but I could REALLY use any input!
Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.