right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

My chances for admissions?

miggle2025miggle2025 0 replies1 threads New Member
I got accepted into the Experience Colorado College weekend. It is an all paid weekend to get to experience the campus. I fell in love with the campus and am worried I will not get in. I applied early decisions and my GPA is a 3.83 and I went test optional. I submitted 4 recommendation letters and worked hard on all my essays. Realistically, are my chances very low for admission? Or do you guys think I have a good chance of getting in?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: My chances for admissions?

• grinellgirlgrinellgirl 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I think your GPA is solid, but hard to evaluate in isolation (for example, do you have a weighted GPA or a rigorous courseload? Are you top 10% or top 15%?) I think that especially for test optional applicants your essays and EC's will be key--and especially strong if your EC's demonstrate commitment and passion. Also, are you requiring financial aid? I think these are the key factors. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • KoloradoKidKoloradoKid 102 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Grinellgirl is correct. A 3.89 unweighted will put you in good shape. A 3.89 weighted would put you below average for admitted students. In fact, in my 4 years at CC, I don't think I met anyone who did not exceed 4.0 weighted. Then again, nobody at CC worries too much about high school grades. Testing Optional is a new thing. I can't give any insight. So you are left with two cards to play: academic rigor and essay - especially the essay. Most people arrive here with 6 or more AP classes or college credits. I had 13 on my transcript. That helps. But the main thing is the essay. Prove that you understand the value of the Block System and you are virtually assured admission
    · Reply · Share