Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

President Celeste

WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom Registered User Posts: 9,727 Senior Member
Heard Richard Celeste speak this morning at D's high school. (He was an invited guest speaker as part of on-going lecture series. He addressed adults/parents yesterday and the students today. I went today because I work on campus Mondays.)

Have to say he wasn't quite as dynamic a speaker as one might have hoped and he did waffle on a couple of hardball questions that the kids put to him, but overall he was pretty interesting. He spoke about the role of community service in a changing world.

On a lighter note--you can tell he has a background in politics. He certainly did his homework and mentioned by name 2 of the seniors who have been accepted to CC. (My D and another girl--there have been more accepted, but those two are probably considered likelies since one has received huge need-based aid and my D who has visited campus twice after applying EA.) He also gladhanded both of the translators (for the deaf) and several teachers on his way out of the auditorium.
This discussion has been closed.