Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Why is CC not listed as top LAC on this site?

swimming08swimming08 Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
edited June 2008 in Colorado College
Prior to my S 's decision to attend Colorado College this fall I was not very familiar with the college and its academic reputation. After doing my homework ---as a graduate of Mount Holyoke College I did note that US News and World Reports ranks it above MHC --I am very impressed and curious why College Confidential does not list Colorado College under "top LACs".
Post edited by swimming08 on

Replies to: Why is CC not listed as top LAC on this site?

• CanadianmomCanadianmom Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
    Me too. US News ranks Colorado College as #26. CC skips around and includes some colleges down to #37 on it's "Top LAC's" list, but not Colorado College. What's up with that?
  • PeaceOut007PeaceOut007 Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
    Always wondered that myself. Oh well, I kind of like that people don't know about it, that way the school attracts kids that are a good fit for the school and don't just want to attend for prestige.
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse Registered User Posts: 26,432 Senior Member
    CC is not listed as tops because it is really a popularity contest here, judged by how many posts are made to the site, I believe. Not many people inquire or look for these smaller schools that are not in the mainstream despite their quality. We looked at a number of them and they are truly gems.
This discussion has been closed.