Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Math / Comp Sci at CC?

GeekMom63GeekMom63 Registered User Posts: 1,957 Senior Member
edited January 2010 in Colorado College
Is anyone familiar with the Comp Sci and Math departments at Colorado College? Are the professors interesting / responsive? Are the upper-level classes offered frequently enough? Are the classes mostly focused on theory or practice? Are there internship / research opportunities associated with the college or does one have to go outside for these opportunities?

My son has been admitted EA, and is most interested in CS but may major in math or double-major. He especially likes the block program so he can devote his full attention to whatever class he is taking at the time.

Thanks!!!
Post edited by GeekMom63 on

Replies to: Math / Comp Sci at CC?

• tk21769tk21769 Registered User Posts: 10,516 Senior Member
    My son was a pretty high-scoring Math student in HS (790M SAT, high AMC scores.) His first course this year (as a freshman) was a 2-block Math course (number theory). He had good things to say about both the material and the professors. I got the impression the professors were both interesting and responsive.

However, my S did not choose CC particularly for its strength in Math, and he's not interested in CS. I'd be interested to hear more on this topic, too, from others with more experience or inside knowledge about the Math/CS department.
This discussion has been closed.