Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Does being a girl/out of state increase addmission chances at CSM?

Undecided2020Undecided2020 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
Hi I am interested in this school but i dont think i have a very foo chance of getting in. I have a 3.7 GPA have only taken the act once(got a 23) but i am going to take it a few more times and think i can get it up to a 29. is there any chance of getting in? also does being an out of state girl help my chances? do they want more OOS? also do you know anything about MISSOURI univesity of science and technology? or Louisiana tech? could you tell me anything you know about these schools and compare! THANKS!

Replies to: Does being a girl/out of state increase addmission chances at CSM?

• Engineer789Engineer789 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    I don't know anything about the other colleges but I am an out of state female with a 3.7GPA and a 31 ACT and I just got accepted. If you get your ACT up I think you'll have a shot. The acceptance rate for females when I asked an admission person was only 25%, lower than the normal acceptance rate. I don't think being a female gives you a leg up as it does at other schools. Hope this helps!
  • JulieCCJulieCC Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Your GPA is good but I would really get your ACT up, especially in Science and Math (if it needs it).

This year's class had the largest female percentage at 36%. Not sure if female or OOS helps. You want high stats to get the best OOS scholarships - which will put you in line with in-state tuition.
This discussion has been closed.