right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Academic dishonesty

alien93alien93 0 replies2 threads New Member
I had a professor give me an F in the entire course and an academic dishonesty that stays in my records for 7 years. Why? The final exam had 4 questions, from which 1 question had answers matching another person, exactly the same. And this approach wasn't taught by him, thus making it unique. We both had the exact same one. I wasn't sitting next to anyone and I don't know who this person is. The professor claims we had the same source (phone) to cheat from. But has no proof. The only thing is we have the same answers and they're unique.

Is that evidence enough to give me an F?
edited June 26
4 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Academic dishonesty

• poblob14poblob14 369 replies69 threads Member
    I would say so, yes.
    · Reply · Share
  • 123Mom456123Mom456 855 replies6 threads Member
    Did you cheat? You said he had no proof and the person wasn't near you but you haven't said that you didn't use any dishonest means when you took the test.
    · Reply · Share
  • CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN 3787 replies14 threads Senior Member
    Since it seems like you have been reported to a university office for academic integrity, someone there should be able to answer your questions about next steps. Specifically, how do you go about challenging the professor's conclusion that you cheated? If you really didn't cheat, then you should pursue this. If you did cheat, then think twice about getting a university committee involved.
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 42863 replies2307 threads Super Moderator
    From your previous thread:
    I had a dynamics final exam, in which i had 4 questions, from which for 2 i copied the solution from chegg.
    The prof didn't catch me at all. But while marking my paper in the next 2 days he sent me an email saying "Stop by my office, I need to speak with you".

I'm going to close the thread. You've already asked the question before and there's nothing we can do to help you. It would probably be smart not to cheat again.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity