Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances of admitted into GS

YBnormalYBnormal Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hi, I'm new in this forum who's planning to apply for GS fall 12.

Just wondering how's the chance of my admission.

I'm 21 who had a year of break at education. It's not because of full time job or other things.
I studied one more year ONLY to get into best college in my country (system in my country is a bit different. no CC at all. u can try as many times as u wish)
anyway, Im currently freshmen in Purdue univ indiana, after rejection from THAT college.
I have 21 credit hr till now n will be around 35 by the time I apply GS.
current GPA is 4.0/4.0 n Im in honors program(though not taking honors class).
For extra curri, I'm president of official purdue organization. also I do volunteer work every weekend at the public library. Im planning to apply as a POL major.

I have experience of applying to GS last fall, which I got rejection. At that time I had no GPA other than HS, no SAT, no placement exam. only TOFEL of 110.

so... how's my chance now?? I've worked hard for GS!!

PS.
there is a very tough class that Im enrolled in now, which I have a feeling that I will get b at the end. it's related to english. as international student its kinda harsh at this point. so,,, would dropping the class n get 'w' on transcript is worth receiving b n lower my total gpa??

please tell me you guys opinion!!! thanks lol!!
Post edited by YBnormal on

Replies to: Chances of admitted into GS

• YBnormalYBnormal Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    just to clarify, it's an religious org n I got 1940 of SAT(800 math) last winter.

thanks!!
  • campaignercampaigner Registered User Posts: 342 Member
    Honestly, based on your description and your writing here I think you've got an uphill battle.

I think GS is really looking for a more compelling story to explain why GS is the place for you. I don't entirely understand your year off, either.

If your GPA is rockin' (4.0 you said?) you've got a chance though, so apply away. No harm in that. Just focus a LOT on your essay.
This discussion has been closed.