Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Study abroad at Oxbridge for GS students?

EfelchizenEfelchizen Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
Hi guys! I'm new to this place and have just submitted my freshman application to GS.

I randomly checked some study abroad programs and the Oxbridge one seems to be pretty attractive but the program description states that it is only open to CC students. I got sort of confused as GS runs the same curriculum, so I'm just wondering whether this program is also open to GS students.

Any input from experienced study abroad applicant?
Post edited by Efelchizen on

Replies to: Study abroad at Oxbridge for GS students?

• hellojanhellojan Registered User Posts: 1,632 Senior Member
    Although there may be a specific program for CCers, it's definitely possible to study abroad,
    Oxford / Cambridge included, as a GS student. If and when you come to Columbia, ask your advising dean about it.

I've known people who've studied in the Middle East, the Far East, and the UK. All GSers.
  • EfelchizenEfelchizen Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Thanks a lot hellojan that's very informative!
    To add to that, there's someone in the GS office - a guy who is a Harvard educated attorney - who's job it is to connect GSers with fellowship opportunities after college.

So, if you've ever fancied yourself a possible Rhodes Scholar, there's someone on staff who is ready to help you fulfill that dream.
  • campaignercampaigner Registered User Posts: 343 Member
    Unfortunately for GS in particular you shouldn't get your hopes up for a Rhodes - it's one of the few fellowships that discriminates by age - you have to be 23 or less when you apply.
    Good call, Campaigner!
This discussion has been closed.