right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Sciences Po/Columbia Dual Degree 2020 Admissions

Replies to: Sciences Po/Columbia Dual Degree 2020 Admissions

• robertschumannrobertschumann 13 replies0 threads New Member
    THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL I GOT AN INTERVIEW HALLELUJAH
    · Reply · Share
    is there a way to register for an interview in paris? on the website, only new york dates are available :(
    · Reply · Share
  • bbinsearchbbinsearch 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Did anyone from the West coast get an interview?
    · Reply · Share
  • carolineemendozacarolineemendoza 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I did!! I’m in LA area :)
    · Reply · Share
  • bbinsearchbbinsearch 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Thank you, I got it also.

· Reply · Share
  • jaquesaditaditjaquesaditadit 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Just a question for those who do it by video:
    There's only a link to click on to proceed to the interview? So no skype account or facetime account or anything?
    · Reply · Share
  • yisevrynametakenyisevrynametaken 8 replies0 threads New Member
    got an interview from le havre :smile:

does anyone know the acceptance rate for those who are shortlisted for the interview?
    · Reply · Share
  • studentfromtheEUstudentfromtheEU 1 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 15
    @robertschumann

I have the same issue, just vice versa. (me: switch Paris to NYC)

An explanatory mail ought to be sufficient, the admissions office is going to figure it out internally.
    edited February 15
    · Reply · Share
    got an interview from le havre :smile:

does anyone know the acceptance rate for those who are shortlisted for the interview?

according to a previous comment on this thread, around 175 people get shortlisted for interviews. then, around 125 are admitted in the end.
    · Reply · Share
  • ReignnReignn 1 replies0 threads New Member
    @GSTourGuides I'm having trouble logging in to view results. I've accessed my application in the past (for financial aid and other stuff) but for some reason, it now says that my email and password are invalid. I try to reset and it says that no account exists for that specific combination (email and birthdate)... What should I do?
    · Reply · Share
    @robertschumann

I have the same issue, just vice versa. (me: switch Paris to NYC)

An explanatory mail ought to be sufficient, the admissions office is going to figure it out internally.

could you pls tell me what dates are available for paris? for new york, interviews will be conducted march 4-6.
    · Reply · Share
  • yisevrynametakenyisevrynametaken 8 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 15
    results should be available via email
    edited February 15
    · Reply · Share
  • GSTourGuidesGSTourGuides 234 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Reignn wrote: »
    @GSTourGuides I'm having trouble logging in to view results. I've accessed my application in the past (for financial aid and other stuff) but for some reason, it now says that my email and password are invalid. I try to reset and it says that no account exists for that specific combination (email and birthdate)... What should I do?

I think your best bet would be to email the admissions office directly - they're the ones best placed to sort it out for you. [email protected]
    · Reply · Share
  • studentfromusstudentfromus 1 replies0 threads New Member
    @GSTourGuides do you know if rejected students also got an email notification on Friday? I didn't receive anything, does that mean I'm rejected?
    · Reply · Share
  • Aar2001Aar2001 2 replies0 threads New Member
    edited February 17
    Hey I got an interview for Reims. Is it possible to interview in Paris? Also, how many people were selected to interview this year and how many of us will be selected finally? @GSTourGuides
    edited February 17
    · Reply · Share
    Aar2001 wrote: »
    Hey I got an interview for Reims. Is it possible to interview in Paris? Also, how many people were selected to interview this year and how many of us will be selected finally? @GSTourGuides

You have the option to interview in Paris if you wish. "Those invited for an interview will be prompted to schedule a time to meet with the admissions committee either in person in New York or Paris, or by teleconference. " So you can email the admissions office to request your interview be in Paris.

The admissions team always interviews 175 students and aims to admit 110-115 students per year. (Since the program has a high yield rate, the program will not accept significantly more students than it aims to admit, since they know most who are admitted will accept.)
    · Reply · Share
  • 2020formergifted2020formergifted 6 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied to the Trinity Dual BA and got an interview. Do you know how many students who get an interview for Trinity get an acceptance?
    · Reply · Share
  • 2020formergifted2020formergifted 6 replies0 threads New Member
    @GSTourGuides Do you also know when Dual BA decisions will be released?

· Reply · Share
    @GSTourGuides Do you also know when Dual BA decisions will be released?

the website says april 1st!

· Reply · Share
    Aar2001 wrote: »

You have the option to interview in Paris if you wish. "Those invited for an interview will be prompted to schedule a time to meet with the admissions committee either in person in New York or Paris, or by teleconference. " So you can email the admissions office to request your interview be in Paris.

The admissions team always interviews 175 students and aims to admit 110-115 students per year. (Since the program has a high yield rate, the program will not accept significantly more students than it aims to admit, since they know most who are admitted will accept.)

According to the admissions office, there is very little leeway in the interviews as the interview slots by program and by if the student lives in Europe (in which case they were given slots for Paris). Usually two issues come up: the student can’t do any of the days allotted because of extenuating circumstances, or the student is fine with the days given but cannot find any more slots for their preferred method (whether virtual or in-person). For the first issue, if there are extreme extenuating circumstances (e.g. completing military service in Singapore) then they can email [email protected] and they will do their best to try and accommodate. For the second issue, that’s much easier to fix; they should register for whatever remaining slot works for them whether it is virtual or in-person, and if they want to switch the method from virtual to in-person or vice versa they should email [email protected] and let them know the day and time they’ve registered for, and that they’d like to switch the method.

Hope this helps!
    · Reply · Share