right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Reality of Acceptance

I completed High School in 2013 with a dismal GPA-(something like a 2.2)- and joined the Army after graduating, where I served for four years, including a 9-month stint in Afghanistan. After completing my contract, I enrolled in Community College, where I am currently starting my third semester, and have a 3.8 GPA-(30 credits completed, currently working on 13 more)- what is the likelihood of being accepted into the Spring 2020 semester?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Reality of Acceptance

• rickle1rickle1 2277 replies19 threads Senior Member
    @blofish123 I don't really know and can only guess it would be good, but I just wanted to thank you for your service and congratulate you for your major academic improvement. I imagine you view education much differently today than you did in HS. Easy for me to say but I wish more kids spent time in the military to mature and figure out what they want prior to attending college.

Well done!
    · Reply · Share
  • shopclassheroshopclasshero 10 replies0 threads New Member
    @blofish123 hey! I’m a fellow vet who wasn’t quite ready to take things seriously in high school but did well in community. I’ve recently been accepted to Cornell and a few others. So, in short, YES. Apply apply apply. These schools realize you are not the same human being and have come a long way, especially if your service has guided you to success in the classroom.

If you’re serious about this I can get you set up with some GREAT resources for vets like you and me that aspire to be successful in higher education. Lmk!
    · Reply · Share
  • NYCDadof2NYCDadof2 103 replies1 threads Junior Member
    GS cares about your story and who you are. Not your grades in high school.
    · Reply · Share