right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Trinity Columbia Dual BA 2024

13»

Replies to: Trinity Columbia Dual BA 2024

• 2020formergifted2020formergifted 19 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Yes!! I can also make an insta account
    · Reply · Share
  • larissolarisso 8 replies0 threads New Member
    Me too! Let me know if any groups form! Also, do you know when do we have to commit?
    · Reply · Share
  • yaythisisgreatyaythisisgreat 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I made a groupme but I can't post it on here. I posted the link on a reddit thread
    · Reply · Share
    Can you post the link to the Reddit thread?
    · Reply · Share
    Give me 5 and I’ll post the insta handle
    · Reply · Share
    I can't seem to post a link on here ahhhh
    · Reply · Share
    If you go to r/Applying to College and find the Columbia RD Megathread, it is in the newest comment
    · Reply · Share
    The insta for accepted students is @columbiatcd2024
    · Reply · Share
  • GSTourGuidesGSTourGuides 284 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Is anyone else nervous about the impact Covid-19 will have on this program, especially with the current travel bans in effect? What do you think will happen?

I answered a similar question in the Sciences Po Dual BA thread.

Columbia hasn't made any decisions yet about how the program will run, because it's too soon to tell for sure what the situation will look like in a few months, and things can change very suddenly as I'm sure you've all seen in the news.

So the impact on the program - for example, if classes still need to be online during the fall semester - is TBD and probably will not be decided this far in advance. But I'm sure that all of the administrators are beginning to plan for such a possibility and will communicate all of these decisions to admitted students once they have been made.

Questions about COVID-19 and its effects on enrollment decisions can be directed towards the admissions office. There will be an opportunity to have phone or virtual appointments with one of the Dual BA admissions managers (more information to come once this is set up). This would also be a great opportunity to ask any questions you might have about the ongoing COVID-19 situation or anything else relating to the program.
    · Reply · Share
  • TrinitydualBATrinitydualBA 9 replies0 threads New Member
    @2020formergifted and @yaythisisgreat, congratulations!! :) I got in also. Hopefully @larisso too. Any word on whether there is a facebook or instagram group for the class of 2024 yet? again, congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
    Oh, just saw your post @larisso, congratulations! Somehow I was on page two of this thread lol
    · Reply · Share
    the insta is @columbiatcd2024
    · Reply · Share
    Also make sure to join the group chat!
    · Reply · Share
    Congratulations on your acceptances!
    · Reply · Share
    @GSTourGuides, thank you very much for your help and guidance during this process. It was great to have a place to ask questions and a knowledgeable person to answer them :) Take care and stay well!
    · Reply · Share
  • larissolarisso 8 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello,
    I was wondering if it is possible to know how many people applied for the dual BA Trinity Columbia program and how many were accepted.
    Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
    larisso wrote: »
    Hello,
    I was wondering if it is possible to know how many people applied for the dual BA Trinity Columbia program and how many were accepted.
    Thank you!

I don't know exactly how many students applied to the Trinity Dual BA, but this year 78 students were admitted to the program as Junior Freshmen, and the acceptance rate was around 25-30%. This acceptance rate may seem high, but applicants to this program are self-selecting and therefore very competitive and strong fits for the program. This was the most competitive year yet for the program.
    · Reply · Share
  • sotadog1sotadog1 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I am looking for some information on the general stats of accepted students. (GPA/Test scores). Is this anywhere?
    · Reply · Share
    sotadog1 wrote: »
    I am looking for some information on the general stats of accepted students. (GPA/Test scores). Is this anywhere?

The dual-degree programs don't currently publish information about the general stats of accepted students. Because students apply from all over the world and from different academic systems, it's hard to compare across students in terms of figures like these. However, accepted students are generally competitive in terms of academics and other achievements.

Given the unique nature of the Trinity dual-degree, statistics like admissions rates and average GPAs do not necessarily capture the caliber of students in the program. The program takes a holistic approach to admissions, so there isn't necessarily any one statistic, extracurricular background, etc. that makes or breaks a student's application.
    · Reply · Share