right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

EDers: do you think you will stay on CC if you are accepted ?

lyndalynda 1407 replies26 threads Senior Member
edited November 2005 in Columbia University
well are you?
why and why not?
edited November 2005
13 replies
Post edited by lynda on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: EDers: do you think you will stay on CC if you are accepted ?

• OfEternityOfEternity 260 replies9 threads Junior Member
    sure. it's only right to give back after all i've learned from cc. probably not into the next admissions season, though.

i get cc confused so often with columbia college.
    · Reply · Share
  • lyndalynda 1407 replies26 threads Senior Member
    understandable. I think I will stay, but might not be so focused on columbia board. (or even more focused.) I guess the more interesting / sensitive question is will you stay if you were rejected?
    · Reply · Share
  • OfEternityOfEternity 260 replies9 threads Junior Member
    haha... oh i don't want to think about that.
    · Reply · Share
  • suburbamaniasuburbamania 97 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Once the college process is over, I am never coming to CC again.
    · Reply · Share
    why not? .
    · Reply · Share
  • suburbamaniasuburbamania 97 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Oh, I don't mean it in a negative way, but I come here for information about college. When I am accepted to college, it will no longer be necessary. I sincerely hope I will find more meaningful things to do- like instead of the time I spend on this forum or worrying about numbers,I will be taking singing lessons, or sketching again, or hanging out with friends, or focusing more deeply instead of more efficiently on my homework.
    · Reply · Share
  • sr6622sr6622 3046 replies77 threads Senior Member
    ^^^^Very good, viable reason.
    · Reply · Share
  • celebrian25celebrian25 15085 replies288 threads Senior Member
    Well trends that I've noticed over the years:

Accepted
    -the "regulars" tend to stick around until the end of the year, though not posting as much and mainly sticking to their college forum
    -heavy traffic right after ED when everyone is asking all kinds of questions about what happens next
    -people who found out about cc after they applied, or only found cc from july-november tend to leave fairly quickly, maybe returning more in the spring

There just isn't a reason to stay here as much during the RD round, even for the regulars

Reject
    -very few will stick around their respective college forum after the intial shock
    -the regulars will still post, just not here
    -the newer crowd also sticks around most of the time

deferred
    -basically the same as rejection, but they tend to post here more, not less
    · Reply · Share
    nice summary but I was sorta hoping to see what people would say before their results .
    · Reply · Share
  • celebrian25celebrian25 15085 replies288 threads Senior Member
    yeah...so? :confused: I was just giving general trends over 4 years of watching this stuff :D
    · Reply · Share
    be fun to compare what people say to what people does afterwards . I'm pretty sure I'll be around regardless of the decision. but less on this borad and more on cornell's and generals (even if I am accepted)
    · Reply · Share
  • CC AdminCC Admin 29516 replies2985 threadsAdministrator Senior Member
    Accepted: Stick around to assist others in the process.

Rejected: Probably say farewell to everyone on this section of the board and most likely will begin to leave CC.

Deffered: Stick around on the board a little bit, but probably will begin to phase out my CC usage.
    · Reply · Share
  • columbia2006columbia2006 101 replies6 threads Junior Member
    accepted: try to help out other people on the forum tell them what i did as advice
    rejected: tell people what to do, the opposite of what i did
    deferred: have a heart attack because i am going to be losing my head for another 4-5 months of stressing
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity