Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Phone Interview vs. Face-to-Face Interview?

Rush10Rush10 Registered User Posts: 889 Member
edited February 2012 in Columbia University
I usually get a bit nervous for interviews, but nothing too bad. However, when I think about my phone interview, I get the butterflies -- with jetpacks.

Is this more of an evaluative interview, or is it more of a casual conversation about my achievements and "why Columbia?"

Any advice/pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Rush10 on

Replies to: Phone Interview vs. Face-to-Face Interview?

• NYCdreamerNYCdreamer Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    I just had a phone interview with a senior interviewer yesterday. It was really casual. Though I was really nervous beforehand, as soon as we started talking I felt really calm. The fact that you get to be at home, I think, is a major advantage. I just kicked back ad relaxed in my chair while I was on the phone. It's a very casual conversation. They just want to get to know your personality. Be honest, be yourself and you'll do fine. Good luck. :)
  • letmein18letmein18 Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    Do they ask you "why Columbia?" or more about yourself?
    Just curious because I have one coming up and if necessary, I want to have a solid answer for "Why Columbia?"
  • cortana431cortana431 - Posts: 5,015 Senior Member
    ^No one can answer that question for you :)
This discussion has been closed.