Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Columbia releases early decision app count:3126, 1.3% rise

raca1111raca1111 Registered User Posts: 204 Junior Member
edited November 2012 in Columbia University
Hey guys thought you would be interested!!!!
CC, SEAS ED application numbers rise by 1.3%

if you can't open the link, just go to the Columbia Spectator and type: CC, SEAS ED application numbers rise by 1.3%.

What do you guys think??
Post edited by raca1111 on

Replies to: Columbia releases early decision app count:3126, 1.3% rise

• feedback411feedback411 Registered User Posts: 308 Junior Member
    Honestly, I was expecting the count to be a lot lower due to Sandy, but I guess the extension helped.

I wish they gave us the individual count for CC and Fu.. Doesn't CC applicants normally far outweigh the Fu applicants?
  • raca1111raca1111 Registered User Posts: 204 Junior Member
    yea in general, the number of CC applicants is much greater than that of the Fu.
    I was hoping that it would be a decrease, but 1.3% isn't much of a difference.
  • HateSMUSHateSMUS Registered User Posts: 470 Member
    arghh I personally hoped it to be decreased slightly not like 10% but about 5~8% so that admission rate goes up. I wish Columbia release statistic for internationals separately. As a Columbia College ED applicant, I can't wait for the result release
  • hobbesettehobbesette Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    I'm surprised because I thought that Harvard and Princeton bringing back EA would make the number of applicants to Columbia decrease
  • HateSMUSHateSMUS Registered User Posts: 470 Member
    We already saw the drop last year by 5% due to SCEA programs from Harvard and Princeton. So they wouldn't be much of factor this year. Still, Columbia managed its ED applicant pool pretty well.
This discussion has been closed.