Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

ED Chances

ecargmecargm Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Hello!

I recently applied to Columbia ED with an interest in the film production concentration, and was wondering what anyone thought my chances may be.

Ethnicity: White (Middle Eastern)

GPA: unweighted 3.9 (round to 4.0), weighted 4.2

SAT on a 1600 scale: 1500

I have taken 8 AP classes during my high school career, 5 of which I am currently taking this senior year.

Extracurriculars: I have a ton of community service hours, I work a part-time job (and a few other side jobs such as selling art commissions, dog sitting, etc.), I am a member of the National Honor Society, the National Art Honor Society (in which I hold a leadership position), my school's book club, a principal's advisory council, my school's foreign language club, my class council, my class prom committee (in which I held a leadership position), and I am a peer tutor. I have also travelled abroad with my school 3/4 of my years with it, and intend to this coming year.

I also submitted an art portfolio, and have won awards in said field.

Some fun life circumstances: I had a major house fire 1/3 of the way into my junior year. I was displaced for 4 months over the holiday season (not to brag, but I was technically homeless in my school database). I moved from motel to motel every week until my family stayed with a friend for the final month of our home's reconstruction.

I know there's so much more that goes into an application and deciding on admission than what I have stated, but this is just a general sense of me. I also know not to get hung up on one school, and I have a list of matches and safeties I would be more than happy to attend.

Thank you!!