right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Columbia University RD waitlist 2023

Replies to: Columbia University RD waitlist 2023

• rrss1919rrss1919 18 replies0 threads Junior Member
    That’s what I don’t understand. If they reached out to the accepted people, why wouldn’t they just reject everyone else at the same time?
    · Reply · Share
  • CrimsonLoverCrimsonLover 4 replies0 threads New Member
    edited May 2019
    Not all accepted waitlist students will choose Columbia. Also, there are those who got accepted during regular decision to Columbia, who might be on the waitlist at HYPSM, and they might want to go there if accepted off the wl. For these cases, Columbia will have its wl remain active until the class is fully established.
    edited May 2019
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks for clarifying! This wait is treacherous, but at least it’s not a definite no for now for anyone else.
    · Reply · Share
  • thebenchhunchthebenchhunch 7 replies0 threads New Member
    The wait is certainly horrible. I wasn't accepted to any other school so this is especially hard for me. I know there is an insanely small chance but as long as it exists you always have hope. It's simply inevitable.
    · Reply · Share
    i'm sorry to hear that! I hope all goes well for you in the future. You're right about the hope thing...there's a part of me that knows I won't get off the waitlist, but I also still feel a slight sense of hope. bleh
    · Reply · Share
  • yuelotusyuelotus 45 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Anyone anticipating a second wave?
    · Reply · Share
  • epichelloepichello 13 replies0 threads New Member
    The first or second wave may come this afternoon if we are to believe no results before May 15th statement. Again the word here is "may" as nothing is certain in the wait-list process. Good luck! Please do keep us posted if you hear anything!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • smahrfsmahrf 17 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Can someone pls call
    · Reply · Share
  • outlet47outlet47 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Anyone hear anything?
    · Reply · Share
  • anya00anya00 45 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Is the second wave historically released this Friday?
    · Reply · Share
  • ColumbiaUni2023ColumbiaUni2023 21 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I’m surprised no one has heard anything yet.
    · Reply · Share
  • whimsiedwhimsied 2 replies0 threads New Member
    hi all, I made an account to update you bc I've been checking this thread constantly since I was waitlisted. I got in today, so I guess that means they've released a second wave. Best of luck to y'all!
    · Reply · Share
  • Max1123Max1123 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Just like whimsied, I made a profile since I checked this thread constantly. My son was admitted of the waitlist today. Don’t give up hope. Best of luck to everyone.
    · Reply · Share
  • mattthowellmattthowell 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Is it true that it becomes less likely to be admitted with each wave?
    · Reply · Share
  • harvardprincetonharvardprinceton 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    How did Columbia contact you?
    · Reply · Share
  • whimsiedwhimsied 2 replies0 threads New Member
    It was an email saying there was an update to my portal, the same as the notification was for the RD date. They gave me a week to decide, but I've committed already.
    · Reply · Share
  • epichelloepichello 13 replies0 threads New Member
    This sounds like a first wave...given Columbia always does its first wave after May 15th. A few which trickled in late April/early May were special cases similar to likely letter candidates. Can someone confirm if it was the first or the second wave. Past evidence is that they have a total of 3 waves about 30some in each wave??
    · Reply · Share
  • jswaggyjswaggy 7 replies2 threads New Member
    I got in tonight at like 8:30 PST. I was so surprised but I'm extremely blessed. Received an email telling me that there was a status update, went to portal and was accepted!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • thebenchhunchthebenchhunch 7 replies0 threads New Member
    Congratulations to all those accepted off the waitlist yesterday ! Did anyone get off for Engineering ?
    · Reply · Share
  • yuelotusyuelotus 45 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @jswaggy @whimsied @max1123 congratulations! Do you guys plan on committing to Columbia? And which school were you guys previously committed to?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity