right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have identified a log in issue that is preventing some members from accessing the site. The support team is diligently working on resolving it. We hope to have an update soon. Read more here. Thanks for your understanding!

Supplement Reference Check

lakesidedreamerlakesidedreamer 5 replies3 threads New Member
edited November 20 in Columbia University
Just yesterday morning I received an interview request, and I found out today both of my supplement references were contacted over their role to me (I submitted an art and a music supplement). Both of my references say, in the years they’ve had students apply, they’ve never received an email like this. What does this mean? Has anyone else gotten this “standard procedure?”
edited November 20
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Supplement Reference Check

• tdy123tdy123 871 replies16 threads Member
    A few years ago, Harvard and Yale both contacted my son's supplemental recommenders (math/physics research papers, not art).

The read from the recommenders after they spoke to the school representatives (professors in the field) was that the schools thought the submitted papers so advanced that they wanted confirmation that it was actually the students work.

He was accepted at the school he applied SCEA, and received an early academic likely letter and was accepted by the school he applied RD.

Hopefully, Columbia is contacting your recommenders for the same sort of reason.

· Reply · Share
  • fudgesiclesfudgesicles 3 replies0 threads New Member
    My friend and I from the same school got this too?
    · Reply · Share